It is the same process as cooking perfect fluffy rice. All you need to do is add your favourite seasonal ingredients and follow the same steps!
3 cups (450g) of water1/2 medium size carrot, sliced thinly
2 Shittake mushroom or similar, slice thinly
80g chicken thigh, chopped into small pieces
5 chestnuts, peeled and cut in quarter
1/2 small ginger, sliced finely
- Add rice into Donabe, lightly wash rice before cooking.
- Add all ingredients and sake, soy sauce, and kombu into Donabe
- Add water
- Stir well and put the lid on.
- Cook with high heat until it starts steaming.
- Turn the heat low and cook for 5 mins.
- Turn the heat off and simmer for 10 mins.
- Mix well with wooden Shimoji, and serve.