1. Rinse 3 cups of rice with water, drain well and leave for about 5mins. Please note 1 cup = 150ml.
- Add 3 cups of water and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Your rice is ready for cooking. Ensure the top whole of the outside lid is at right angle to the two holes of the inside lid. This will create moderate pressure and produce the best results.
4. Cook over high to medium heat until steam is visible exiting from the hole of the lid, approximately 12-15 minutes. Turn heat source off and leave for 20 minutes of further cooking from residual heat of the pot. Do not open lid as the rice is absorbing the moisture and your do not want to let this escape.
Depending on your cook stove, CIBI recommends high heat to medium heat for cooking rice. If you keep cooking for 1-2 minutes longer than recommended, you can enjoy a little bit of O-koge’rice, burned rice.
4. The rice is ready, enjoy!!